Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Its raining, its pouring,,,,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Its raining, its pouring, the old man is snoring,,,,,,,.  Ever sing that song when you were a kid??  We are still raining here in Central Illinois.  With very few breaks here and there its been raining for weeks now.  There is some flooding by creeks and rivers but fortunately I am dry for the most part.

We have some water in the basement as the ground is saturated and there is just no place for the water to go.  But at least it is minor for now.  Even so, I am keeping an eye on it.  We need about a week without rain to get the ground dried up some.

Because of all the rain I still can not get into my garden to do anything.  It is not even tilled for the season yet.  And its just to wet to do it.  I would sink in like quicksand, LOL.

Oh well, this at least gives me time to work on ceramics.  I have two custom orders for "Tea for Two" sets.  I got the first one underglazed yesterday and will underglaze the second one today.  When we get back from the VA tomorrow I can get them glazed and they will be ready for the kiln.  I want to start to make my own set of dishes too.  I have put it off because I was not sure of the design I wanted to put on them.  I'm still not sure, LOL.

I think I want something creative and colorful.  I thought about taking the pattern from Frank's Guy Fieri Knife set but changed my mind on that.  Maybe flowers or fruit would be a good design.  Just on the borders.  Hmmm,,,  I guess maybe it will come to me when I sit down to paint, LOL.

Speaking of which.  I better head off to the glazing room and get busy.  Hope you all have a great day!!

Until next time,,,,,,Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice