Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy in my own skin,,,,,,,

Greetings!

I couldn't make up my mind what I wanted to write about today.  I have so many thoughts running around in that pea brain of mine I can hardly contain them, LOL  So anyway,this is what I went with, LOL.

I am happy in my own skin for the first time in a very long time.  As a victim of domestic violence I was not happy for years, but that is well over now for the last 4 glorious years.  It took me time to work through everything I felt, especially the negative stuff about myself.  I had absolutely no self-esteem 4 years ago.  It was a long battle to get here but I am finally happy in my own skin.  I am happy with decisions I make even though not all of them turn out to be the right ones.  I am happy with my life even though it is far from perfect and I am far from wealthy or having everything I want.  I accept me even if no one else does.  Frankly, I no longer care what other people think about me.  They can like me or not, it's up to them.

I used to live my life to please everyone else.  Finally, I am living my life for me!!  And God of course!!  I am not saying I am no longer willing to do things for others, but I have to come into the equation.  I am putting me first for a change.

One of the things I did that has really made me smile is redecorated my home office.  It has taken me a couple of months and I am not totally done yet, but I love how it is coming out.  I changed the wall color, put up a cute country border and have hung tons of pictures and mementos around the room.  I have heard it said many times you should surround yourself with the things that make you smile and you will smile all the time.  That is exactly what I have done!!  And yes, I do smile all the time!!

I spend a lot of time in my office, especially now that I am working from home.  I like being able to come in here and smile.  The things I have in here are not expensive things but they do have a lot of sentiment to me.  I have my books, which take up half the room, the sign from my store, which is a place that really warmed my heart.  I have family photos, photos of my ancestors that I never met, photos from my store of special times, and photos of my precious pets.  I have photo albums with pictures of special times in my life and places I have been.

My office is also my TV room where I sit and relax in the evening.  I have a nice little recliner to put my feet up and it is so comfy.  If I don't want to watch TV I have a ton of books, especially Christian books that I can read.  I love to do research and family genealogy.  Along with the genealogy I learn a lot about history that I never seemed to learn or at least retain in high school.  Perhaps being able to tie it to my ancestors makes it more interesting to me?

I like to write so I am enjoying this blog.  I am thinking about stepping up the frequency of my posts starting next week.  I do not or at least try not to ever write on Sundays.  That is the Lord's Day and should be kept holy.

Monday I plan on writing about canning and putting up food.  One of my favorite subjects!!

Until next time,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have come to this point in your life. We all go through tough times (some more than others) but it is important to enjoy being in our own skin. I'm the only me I have.

    So cool to hear about your little office. I hope you will post pictures so I can see it. It sounds so nice!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice