Saturday, June 15, 2013

Yay, it's Saturday,,,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Yay, it is Saturday!!  It seems to have been a particularly long week for me for some reason.  I am glad it is over even though I still have a ton of work to do around here.  I am in the process of making a cheesecake today for Win's 65th birthday tomorrow and of course Father's Day.  I sure hope everyone has a great Father's Day tomorrow!!  If all goes well I will post pictures and recipe of the cheesecake on Monday.

I have become such a lazy cook in some ways.  Often if I am making something that takes a lot of work I will make extra at the same time and freeze it for another day.  This cheesecake is no exception.  To me it takes just as much work to make one as it does two, so I am making one for tomorrow and making one for the freezer for another day.  Actually, I should not say "lazy" I should say "frugal".  After all, I am saving energy by baking two cheesecakes at one time rather than baking them at two separate times, LOL.

Well, I did promise I had another set of pictures that I "restored" to show you.  The pictures below are of my brother Leon and me when I was about 11 years old.  Leon had not been out of the Marine Corps long.  He served in Vietnam.  This is in about the spring of 1970 if memory serves me correctly.  I am so happy I was able to salvage this picture and printed it out in an 8x10 and hung it on my wall.  :-)

My brother Leon is suffering from the affects of Agent Orange and not doing very well.  Please say a prayer for my hero and brother!!


That picture was in pretty rough shape but look what I did to it!
 
 
Amazing, isn't it??
 
Have a great weekend!!
 
Until next time,,,,,,,,,Blessings!!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I am very impressed with how you are able to fix these photos. Old pictures are the best, but they crumble so easily. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy!! If you ever need me to try to fix any old pics for you just let me know. I love working on them. I am no expert but they are an improvement. :-)

      Delete

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice