Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Now what do I do????

Greetings!!

I had planned on posting a list of household tips and money savers today.  Unfortunately, there was a wee bit of an accident about a half hour ago and I no longer have my list to post.  My wonderful cat Faxon whom I love dearly decided to help himself to a drink of water.  Well, let me back up a little.

Faxon will only drink water out of a glass, not a bowl like the other cats.  I guess he has to be different and thinks he is special.  Anyway, when he wants a drink he usually comes to me and licks his lips.  That means he is thirsty.  I keep a big plastic glass with water nearby and will hold it for him while he gets a drink.

So about a half hour ago he came to me licking his lips and I held the glass to give him a drink.  The glass was not full so I had to tip it a bit so he could get to the water.  I tipped it too far and spilt some on the floor.  So, not thinking, I set the glass on my side table by the computer and went to get some paper towels to wipe up the spill.  I sure wasn't thinking because when I came back with the paper towels Faxon had decided to jump up on the side table and get a drink for himself.  Of course he tried to tip the glass to reach the water and it went over!!  Water went everywhere!!  Needless to say my list of household tips got the brunt of the flooding waters, LOL.  Did you know printer ink floats pretty good?  Right off the paper that is!!  I can't read my list so I will have to save that for another post when I can make a new one.

Now what do I do??  Well, I do have one very good tip that I will share with you now and wait on the others.  I had to use this one recently so I can assure you it really does work.

Have you ever discovered you had a clogged drain and no liquid plumber or draino in the house?  If you have children or pets you may not want to keep those harsh chemicals sitting around.  Besides, they are expensive!  Next time you have a clogged drain try this, it really works.  Put about 3 tablespoons of baking soda and one or two cups of distilled white vinegar in the drain and let stand for several hours.  There will be a reaction when the two items meet in the standing water so be cautious, don't let kids or pets near it.  After setting a few hours of overnight if possible rinse the drain with really hot water.  Repeat if necessary.  It will clear the drain!! 

To keep drains running clear once a month put in 2 tablespoons of baking soda and a cup of distilled white vinegar, let set for about an hour and flush the drain with hot water.

Today, I am making homemade chicken pot pies.  I found a great recipe online that I really want to try.  It is cooler today so a good day for being in the kitchen.  I'll take pictures as I go along and if all goes well I will post the pictures along with the recipe tomorrow.

Until next time,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

Faxon Lee, my rescue cat.  He is blind in his right eye but it does not slow him down any, LOL
 

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of the baking soda and vinegar cure for clogged drains, but didn't know if it really worked. Glad to hear that you actually did it and it does. I will use it next time I need a drain cleaner. I'd rather use natural things like that than those drain cleaners.

    Your cat is the second one I know of that wants to drink out of a glass. My blog friend Linda's cat also does that. My cat will drink out of anything. I'm so glad to hear that you have a rescue cat. I'm a strong believer in rescuing animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      I had heard of it but not tried it before too, then one day I had no choice, glogged drain, no drain cleaner in the house but I did have some baking soda and vinegar so decided it couldn't hurt to try it and presto, it worked!! I'll never buy drain cleaners again.

      All my pets over the years have been rescue animals. I currently have a dog Rusty who was a rescue dog and I have had him now almost 13 years. He will be 17 this year and I am sad to say he probably won't last much longer but he has been an awesome 4 legged baby of mine. I have had both dogs and cats just about all my life. Each one very special to me and all were rescues.

      I have had other cats that only wanted a glass to drink out of, one that would only drink out of the bathroom sink, and others that didn't care where the water came from, LOL.

      Delete

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice