Monday, June 24, 2013

Has it been a week? Really??

Greetings!

Has it been a week?  Really??  Where did the time go?  I don't feel like I got much accomplished in that week away from here, but I know I did.  Well at least some, LOL.  Seems my time is taken up a lot by the genealogy I am doing.

A couple of days ago I decided names and dates were starting to run together on my mom's side of the family so I switched and started working on my dad's side again.  Last night I sat up late printing out a history of the area my ancestors settled in.  It was 142 pages long.  But I was so afraid I would not be able to find it again and wanted a hard copy.  So now, I have it.  It really is interesting!!

The work on the house is progressing,,,, slowly.  We were not suppose to have any rain this past week.  It rained every day but two.  That of course flares the fibro and I move really slow, maybe slower than a snail, LOL.

I took one day to get laundry caught up.  That is a chore for me because the washer and dryer are in the basement and when the fibro is flared the trips up and down the stairs hurt.  But at least it is done!  For now, LOL.  That is one of those chores that seems never ending!!  We are to get more rain today.

The other day we had the first corn on the cob of the season.  It was really good.  We had meatloaf, buttered Amish noodles and the corn.  Not sure what I will make today.

I paid $10 for a trial membership at genealogybank.com  While it is a neat site and has a ton of newspaper archives it is not really doing me much good.  Most of my ancestors settled into small communities and the newspapers are from bigger cities.  I did manage to find a few things that I printed out but not much so far.  I don't think I will renew the membership. There are a lot of genealogy sites you can get information from but for me, so far, ancestry.com has been the best.  I also like archives.com but won't pay for a membership right now.

I should have been out dead-heading the roses this past week.  With this particular type if you dead-head them you can get a second bloom out of them.  But the rain kept me busy inside.  For those who don't know, dead-heading the roses is when you take the blooms off that are dead.  It makes the bush look prettier but also gives it a chance to grow another bloom.

I have been wanting to make a lemon meringue pie so sometime this week I will venture out to get the supplies.  Nothing like a good lemon meringue pie from scratch.  :-)  I still need to organize my baking pans and equipment better.  Between all the things I already had and what I had bought for the store I have a very well equipped kitchen.  :-)

I have not figured out a regular schedule for posting on here yet but I think Mondays for sure and I hope to get at least one more day in there perhaps somewhere towards the middle of the week.  Time will tell.  Sorry I am not more specific right now but I just don't know from one day to the next what I am doing.  A lot of it depends on the weather and how I feel.

Until next time,,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice