Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday morning blahs,,,,,,,

Greetings!!

It's Monday and I've got the Monday morning blahs.  I was going to write about the violation of Trademarks and Copywrites this morning but when I started doing research on it to make sure I had all my facts straight I realized there is going to be a lot of reading required before I post about it and with the blahs this was not the day to do it.

I think the main reason I have the blahs is once again we are expecting rain.  The rain flares up the fibromyalgia and spine issues and makes me uncomfortable at the very least and in excruciating pain most of the time.  Yup, I have the blahs.

Nonetheless I will be making bread today.  We are almost out and tomorrow it is suppose to be hot and humid so I want to get the baking done today while it is still relatively cool.  Today I will make 3 loaves of bread and a batch of cinnamon buns.  My recipe can make up to 4 loaves at a time or I can divide them and make other things as well.  The last time I made 2 loaves and then the rest I made into hamburger buns and froze them.  I just take them out of the freezer as we need them.

Because I am baking, dinner will be light today.  I'll make a couple of cheeseburgers, chips, dip and some pickles.  The hamburger patties are already made up and in the freezer.  I took a couple of burgers and buns out a little while ago so they will thaw in plenty of time.

I bought a big package of hamburger meat recently.  I made half of it into patties and froze them.  The other half I made into filling for some stuffed shells I am going to make tomorrow.  I then precooked the filling and put it in the fridge.  Today I will precook the large stuffing shells and stuff them with the filling, cover with spaghetti sauce and put them in the fridge for tomorrow.  Then all I have to do is top them with mozzarella cheese and bake them for about a half hour tomorrow.  I won't need to have the oven on long, which is a good thing when it is heating up outside, LOL

The meat was on sale at almost half the normal price so I got a really good bargain.  I will get at least 4 meals out of the one package.  Now that is being frugal!!

Well, I am off to the kitchen to get the bread started.  I hope everyone has a great day!!

Until next time,,,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

2 comments:

  1. I like frugal. I'm the same way. You gave me some good ideas for some dinners this week.

    Rainy and warm here all week. Looks like we're getting the same weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you typically get our weather a day or so later. Glad I could help with the dinner ideas, LOL. I keep it simple for the most part and always try to get the most bang for my buck.

      Delete

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice