Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pictures,,,,,,,

Greetings!!

I finally found a picture of our beloved Smokey, who we just lost.  There was one in some genealogy pictures I was going through on a thumb drive.  Go figure!  I cannot imagine how she got in that file but there she was!  This was taken just last year when I first got my new digital camera.

She was such a pretty cat!!
 
Below is a picture of the stuffed shells I made the other day.  Just getting ready to pop them in the oven.  They really came out good and we are having the leftovers today.  :-)
 
 
Win's 65th birthday is Sunday and of course it is also Father's Day.  He loves cheesecake so I plan on making him a New York Cheesecake from scratch.  I'll try to remember to take pictures and post them along with the recipe next week.
 
Back in the day you did not have the fat content you find in hamburger meat today.  My mom would have stuffed her shells with raw meat, but I mixed mine up like I would for my favorite meatballs and pre-cooked the meat, draining as much of the grease away as possible.  I shaped the meat into an oval and cooked them like I would pre-cook meatballs in the oven.  I pre-boiled the shells, till almost done.  I did not want them too flimsy for stuffing but not too hard either, LOL.  After they sat in ice cold water for a while I drained them and stuffed the meat with some mozzarella cheese.  Covered them with sauce and baked for about 40 minutes in a 350 F degree oven.  I removed them from the oven and sprinkled shredded mozzarella cheese over the top and put them back in for another 10 minutes until the cheese was melted.  Served with some garlic toast,,, yummy!!
 
Until next time,,,,,,,Blessings!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice