Tuesday, June 18, 2013

New York Cheesecake,,,,,,,,,,plus,,,,,,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Sorry I did not post this yesterday.  Apparently I have come down with either an ear infection, sinus infection or both.  Yesterday I did not feel like doing much of anything and spent most of the day resting.  I do not feel much better today but hate wasting yet another day.

Time is really getting away from me with getting household chores done and the remodeling I am doing in the home so I am going to cut back on my posting at least for a while.  I think I will shoot for once or twice a week and will have to let you know on a schedule just as soon as I figure it out, LOL.

Below you will find the recipe for a New York Cheesecake followed by pictures I took while making it.  I did divide it into 2 pans rather than making one big one.  With just two people I felt for us this would be better.  I put the second pan in the freezer for another time.  Baked cheesecake freezes well.  Of course I cut back the baking time just a little bit to a lot for the smaller sized pans but the recipe I am posting is actually for one larger pan.  Win wanted the traditional cherry pie filling on the top of this one but when I use the second one I want to make a fresh fruit compote or perhaps a white chocolate ganash to put on the top of it.  Time will tell, LOL.

Sunday was Win's 65th birthday as well as Father's Day so I also made him a nice dinner.  Late last year I was given a rack of lamb and I put it in the freezer for a special occasion.  This was that occasion!!  I actually split the rack and we will have the other half probably tomorrow as I am making spaghetti and meatballs today.  Below the cheesecake recipe and pictures is a picture of our dinner.  I think he was happy and had an awesome day.

INGREDIENTS:

6-8 honey maid graham crackers, crushed          1 cup of sugar + 3 tablespoons of sugar
3 tablespoons of flour                                          1 tablespoon of vanilla
3 tablespoons of melted butter                            1 cup of sour cream
5   8 ounce pks of cream cheese softened           4 eggs
1 can cherry pie filling or topping of your choice

DIRECTIONS:

1)    heat oven to 325 degrees F
2)    Line a 13x9 inch pan with foil, with ends of the foil extending over the sides.  Mix graham crumbs, 3 tablespoons of sugar and melted butter, press onto the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 mins.
3)    Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, flour and vanilla with mixer until well blended.  Add sour cream, mix well.  Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low just until blended.  Don't over mix!  Pour into pan over crust.  Tap lightly.
4)    Bake 40 mins or until center is almost set.  Cool completely.  Refrigerate 4 hours.  Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve.  Top with pie filling or topping of your choice.   Enjoy!!

I put my graham crackers in a Ziploc baggie then keep rolling them out until they are crushed.
A couple of more passes with the rolling pin and they will be ready
Add in the sugar and butter and mix thoroughly.  Some folks do this step right in the pan but because I was making 2 crusts I found it easier to mix in a bowl first.
Press it down in the pan to form your bottom crust and bake 10 mins. in your preheated oven.
Mix your cream cheese, flour, sugar and vanilla
Add in your sour cream
Add  in and mix one egg at a time just until incorporated into the batter.  Don't over mix!
Pour into pan over crust and bake 40 minutes.  If you are using two smaller pans like I did, then bake for about 30 minutes.
Cool completely then put in the refrigerator and chill for 4 hours before serving.
Cut, top with your favorite topping and serve!!  Normally a New York Cheesecake would be much thicker if you bake it in one pan, but this worked out well for us.
 
We like our lamb cooked well.  Most restaurants serve it medium rare unless you specify.  I also made mashed potatoes with sour cream and chives and sauteed green beans.  Yummy!!
 
Until next time,,,,,,,,,Blessings!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice