Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Some pictures of Illinois Amish Country,,,,,

Greetings,

I did not post first thing this morning as I usually do because I made a trip down to Illinois Amish Country in Arthur, IL.  What a beautiful day God blessed me with for this trip!!  The sun was shining, a beautiful blue sky, and temperatures were just perfect for a day trip, in the low 70s with no humidity.  What an awesome day!!

The first stop on the trip was a place called Clear View Fabrics and Books.  What a cool store!!  I will be going back there for fabric when I start to sew clothes again later this fall.

This is the sign outside the store.  The store is on the owner's personal farm in a separate building.  Like most places around the Arthur area, this place is out in the country and not downtown.


This horse and buggy were parked outside the store while its owner was inside buying fabric and perhaps a few books.


As you face the store, their house and barn are located to the right of the store.  That's an easy commute, LOL.


This is an Amish School House out on a country road, I stumbled on it when I got a little side tracked, LOL.


I did not stop in and visit this business but apparently they make and sell rugs.  Perhaps next time I will pop in for a look around.


There is laundry hanging on the line near the house.  I just liked the looks of this place and snapped the picture while driving down the road.


The two mail boxes, with two different names caught my attention at this farm.


An Amish lawn mower??  It does seem to be cutting the grass.  There were actually 2 of them working this field.


This little Amish boy was working in the fields with his father.  No doubt he is learning how to care for his own farm someday.

Well, I was able to stock up on some baking supplies while at Beachy's Bulk Foods.  I also picked up a neat cook book from Clear View Fabrics and Books which I will share some recipes from in another post.  I picked up a couple of other books at Yoder's Restaurant where I stopped for lunch.  And I will be sharing them in another post as well.

I had a really enjoyable day and look forward to my next trip down there.  I still want to make it out to Miller's Dry Goods and a few other places.

Until next time,,,,,,,Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice