Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Frugal Homestead,,,,,

Greetings,

This thought has been on my mind for several weeks now of changing my blog to "The Frugal Homestead".  With today's economy only getting worse I see a need for people to learn how to be frugal and stretch their budget dollar as far as they can.  Being frugal takes planning and preparation.  It takes making a real effort and not just going willy nilly crazy in the stores.  For those of us with lower incomes it is becoming a necessity to be as frugal as possible.

Many people have lost jobs over the last few years and finding new work is becoming more and more difficult.  Trying to live on a fixed income if you are retired or disabled is also very difficult.  The cost of living is going up rapidly but the income is not.  Many people face the question of whether to buy food or buy medicine.  These are very hard times we live in.  So perhaps, I can help ease the pain at the grocery store when you get to the check out or help with saving on utilities to help stretch the budget.  I have learned a lot of tips over the years that have helped me, perhaps they will help you too?

I might also change the frequency of when I post and not post 6 days a week any more.  But I have not decided that for sure yet.

I would like to share tips, recipes, canning, freezing and drying food types.  I will also share scripture from time to time and perhaps some "how to" pictures and videos.  Becoming as frugal as possible means going back to a lot of the old fashioned ways of doing things.  Cooking from scratch is a major thing.  Do you have any idea how much money is waisted on frozen or boxed goods?  They are OK in a pinch once in a while but really not good for the food budget or your health.  I'll talk about gardening and putting food up for the winter.  Making your own spaghetti sauce from the garden.  Raising and drying herbs both for cooking and medicinal purposes.  And who knows what else I will come up with, LOL.

So my question to you is do you want to see the blog change and go into a new direction or do you want it to stay the same?

Until next time,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice