Monday, August 8, 2011

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine,,,,,,,,

Greetings!!

This morning I woke up singing some of my favorite Christian songs.  A mixture of old time hymns, country gospel and some contemporary.  The Lord has surely put a song in my heart and a spring in my step this morning.  :-)

Yesterday we had a guest pastor in church, Pastor Willis Fischer.  He delivered an awesome message about "Letting our light shine" and it has really stuck with me.  Sometimes it is not always easy to live our lives as an example for others to follow.  After all, we are all facing trials, tribulations and temptations every single day of our lives.  But Jesus tells us we must be that example.  We should let our light shine like a city on a hill for all to see.

Have you ever been traveling at night, especially in some of the western states where there are miles between each city?  I have many times.  And this scripture reminds me of that.  Let me give you an example.  When I was driving to Albuquerque, NM one time, it so happened I was driving the last several miles after dark.  It seemed like the darkness went on for miles and miles.  Not a light any where as there were several miles of vast open ranges and mesas between the towns.  That darkness felt like a very lonely place.  You felt like you were in the middle of a black void, a great nothingness so to speak.

As I continued driving west towards Albuquerque on I-40 I began to feel a sense of dread and wanting and wondering when this long drive would ever end.  Then as I began to work my way up the east side of the Sandia mountains I started to see little glimmers of light coming from the city.  Hallelujah!!  I finally see the light of the city!!  My long trip is almost over!  Thank you Lord!!  Seeing the light gave me something to sing about.  My spirits were immediately lifted!!

When we as Christians, let our light shine in a dark and dismal world, we can give other people the spiritual lifting they need to keep going, to walk in faith.  Sometimes we are the example for someone who has not come to know Jesus as Lord and Savior, and the example we set leads that person to the Lord.  Sometimes we are blessed to know we had that effect on someone but often times we are not.  We just have to believe and understand that God is using us in a mighty way when we let our light shine.

It is not good for a Christian to show hate or anger, especially in public.  But we are fallible and do it from time to time.  We sometimes let our emotions get the better of us.  I strive every day to be a good example for others to follow, but I too fail from time to time.

I pray every day for the Lord to help me to be the good example and let my light shine.  Don't let me fall into the temptation of "getting even" with someone who has hurt me.  Don't let me give into any temptations that put me into that darkness rather than walking in the light.  That darkness is not a good place, and not a place I want to be.  Take me through this troubled world one day at a time sweet Jesus!

May you always walk in the light and let your little light shine!!

Until next time,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice