Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Last regular post until September,,,,,

Greetings!!

This will be my last regular post until September when I am finally completely moved and settled in.  I will miss writing my posts and will probably drop in once in a while to write a quick update on the progress of my move, but I can not predict what days that might be on.  It will just be whenever I have the time.

You might recall when I mentioned I had to move the computer early in order to take advantage of a special promotion by the internet provider.  Well, now is the time.  I will move the computer to the other house today and the internet will be turned on there tomorrow.  Also tomorrow the internet, house phone and cable TV will be shut off here in this house.

At some point this week, I need to take a break from moving and get some much needed garden and yard work caught up.  I have been picking tomatoes by the bucket fulls every couple of days.  The romas are going in the freezer whole for cooking and canning after the move is complete.  Looks like I will be making a ton of sauce this year for canning and might just try my hand at making ketchup too.  I also have a lot of cucumbers for pickling.  And I need to get my potatoes dug up as well.

I'm not sure but I have a sneaky suspicion the groundhog might have gotten into my potatoes.  I sure hope not!  My corn is finally starting to develop ears.  It got planted really late due to all the rain in the spring and I will be happy to get any under the circumstances.  I am not sure what happened to my beans.  They had a ton of blossoms but no beans have developed, so at this point they might be a lost cause.

But boy do I have tomatoes!!  I planted two types, Romas for cooking and sauce making and then Celebrities for eating on sandwiches and salads.  I have had so many of both and given away several of the Celebrities and enjoyed many myself.  Considering the uncooperative weather this year I am pleased over all with the garden.

Well I have a few more things to do on the computer before I shut it down and start packing it.  If you do not see me before, I will see you in September!!

Until next time,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice