Monday, August 1, 2011

Deal or no deal,,,,,,

Greetings,

I read the headline this morning that said a deal has been reached in Washington, DC.  I have not taken the time yet to read the article to see what exactly is in the deal and how it will affect the nation so I can not really comment on it yet.  I do suppose for the most part the American people will accept it and live with it as the alternative would be much worse.  People can not live without their retirement, SSD or VA pensions.

I still wonder about the prices at the grocery store though.  It seems they took a major jump up in the last few weeks.  I am having to find new creative ways to feed us and try to keep the meals as healthy as possible.  In most households I have observed the food budget is usually the first thing to get cut.  Especially when one has to make a choice between food and medicine.  In my particular case both will have to be cut drastically in order to survive.  I will no longer be able to afford medicine.  All will be cut except the blood pressure meds.  The other medicines help me to deal with the fibromyalgia pain and frankly they are not doing a very good job any way.

I will be using my car a lot less too and might even opt to sell it once the move is completed.  The high cost of gas, coupled with food and medicines is just more than I can handle.  Its easy to get around town here without a car.  Its not that big of a town.  I'll hang on to it as long as I can but if it becomes too much of a financial burden then off to the auto auction it goes.

For most people it is not easy to make those types of decisions but for me it is.  I have been through it before.  I have been homeless before.  I have learned that these are all just things and not worth fretting over.  I have learned to trust completely in God and He will get me through any rough situation and this one will be no different.

How will the new budget affect you?  What about the ever rising prices at the grocery store and gas pump?  Will you be able to make drastic cuts in your life to get by?  And most importantly will you trust in the Lord to see you through it?

Until next time,,,,,,Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice