Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A day late and,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Well, I am a day late with this, I totally lost track of days and I am sorry!!

My business page on facebook has taken off with orders for my hand made ceramics and I have been busy to say the least.  I'll include some pictures of the items that have recently been ordered at the bottom of this post.

With Christmas fast approaching I have been determined to make this a "hand made" Christmas this year.  In other words all the gifts I will give will be hand made by me.  No, I did not do the black Friday shopping thing and would not do it if the stores were giving out free gold bars.  I'm not a scrooge!!  I just can't see the big deal in standing in long lines for hours to get in to a store, just to fight with other customers over some supposed special sale.  I don't like crowds to begin with and I refuse to buy a lot of useless junk as I am simplifying my life as much as possible.  Besides, I think "home made" is more personal and usually more appreciated.

I will probably purchase a few things to supplement the items I make but I will buy local or hand made in the USA.  If I don't get busy on my gift making soon I might be purchasing a lot of things from other crafters and home businesses, LOL.  Luckily, I do not have too many on my gift giving list so hopefully, I will manage to get it done before Christmas.

I feel Christmas has become too commercialized and we have lost the true meaning of Christmas.  Let's not forget Jesus is the reason for the season.  Whether he was actually born on December 25th or not, it is when we choose to celebrate His birth.  At Easter we celebrate His death on the cross for the remission of our sins and more importantly His resurrection.  Jesus is alive!!!

I have neglected my web site and am not sure I will keep it as I am doing much better in sales on the facebook page.  It is just very hard to keep everything up to date when you are the only one doing all the jobs.  My web site should have been updated a couple of months ago but it has not been.  I also need to update the church web site, hopefully later today.  I might have to skip bible study to get this done.

I've also got to do some work on the house next door.  As you may recall my neighbor passed away in October and I have been helping the family who live out of state.  Winter is fast approaching and there is still much work to be done yet before it gets here.  Whew, I am out of energy just thinking about all the work that needs to be done, LOL.

Well, I need to make a couple of phone calls then I am going next door to work for a couple of hours, then to the post office and other errands.  When I am done with all the running I need to get back and do some more painting on ceramics.  Still a few more orders to get finished.

Hope you have an awesome week!!
Until next time,,,,,,,,,,Blessings

Blue Delft style mixing bowl set.  So far two sets are sold and a possible third.


Red Rooster Coffee Mug, sold one have an order for 4


Tea for two sets have been real popular this year.




My birthday and Christmas present to myself is an entire kitchen set of the blue delft style, it will include, plates, soup bowls, cereal bowls, dessert plates, salt and pepper shakers, mixing bowls, tea pot, mugs, and much more.  I work on it when I have the time, LOL.




This is a bowl that could be used as a serving bowl or an over sized cereal bowl, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice