Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Another week has gone and what have I done???

Greetings!!

Another week has flown by and I did not get accomplished nearly what I had planned but I did manage to get a lot of other things done in the process, LOL.  Unfortunately the recipe with pictures that I had promised for today did not happen, hopefully by next week.  I did manage to get a lot of ceramics made and will post a few pictures at the bottom of this entry.

Tonight is the New Hope Christian Chronic Illness and Pain Support Group that I run at my church.  If you are local to Clinton, IL I invite you to attend whether you suffer from chronic illness and pain or know someone who does.  It starts at 6:30pm at New Hope Christian Fellowship Church at 118 S. Monroe St., here in Clinton.  For more information please visit the church web site at http://newhopeclinton.org 

The holidays are fast approaching and there is so much to do in preparation.  My birthday is the day before Thanksgiving this year but I have no real plans for it.  Maybe I will take myself out to dinner, but probably not as I will more than likely be cooking and baking all day for dinner on Thanksgiving day.  This year I plan on giving "home made" gifts to my friends for Christmas so I really need to get a start on what I can soon.  I will be making candies and fudge as well as baked breads, muffins and cookies.  The time seems to be flying by and I hope I can get it all done in time.

My church will have its food bank open on Saturday the 19th just in time for Thanksgiving dinner.  We will have whole turkeys and other fixings to go with a turkey dinner.  Again check the church web site for more information.  On the 17th of November there will be a free seminar on how to prepare a winning resume and conduct yourself in a job interview to win that job.  This is also on the church web site.  We have a busy month planned at church!!

Today is errand running day for me.  I have bills to pay, ceramic orders to deliver and many other little odd jobs.  Then tonight is the support group.  Its good to be busy, but sometimes, too busy, LOL.

I hope your week has gone well.

Until next time,,,,,,,Blessings!!

This is a tea for two set that has been ordered.


Another tea for two set.  I make these in a variety of styles and colors.


This mug was an experiment, it came out OK but I did learn a lot in the process, LOL.


The smallest bowl in a mixing bowl set, this is a work on progress.  It is in the style of blue delft ware.  This is underglazes so the colors will not look like this when glazed and fired.


This is the middle sized bowl, I just started putting the underglaze on.  As you can see I drew in my basic design and will now fill that in with color.  There is one more, larger bowl to the set to do after this one.  I will post pictures of the completed set once it is done.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice