Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Its been too long,,,,,,

Greetings!!

It has been way too long!!  The last couple of months have been crazy to say the least but I am hoping to get back into some sort of a normal routine now, whatever that is.

As some of you know I left in a hurry for NY state when my brother John went into the VA hospital at Castle Point.  I stayed in his apartment during the month I was there and traveled back and forth to the VA Hospital nearly an hour away.  John had battled cancer for a number of years.  He passed on January 17th at the tender age of 64.  I am sad he is gone and yet grateful he is not suffering any more.  He is in a much better place now and is at peace.

Upon my return I was asked to go live in the house of my neighbor who passed back in October by her daughter.  In exchange for rent and utilities I would take care of the house, sort through the tons of stuff and have yard sales to sell off items the family does not want or need.  So, I had started to move in and get to work.  I first concentrated on the kitchen and was getting that in order.  I sold their mother's car for them, which helped pay on the funeral bill.

Then out of left field the daughter no longer wanted me there, for reasons I will never understand.  I guess things like this happen when you are bipolar and swing from one extreme to the other.  So, I packed my stuff and made the move back to where I am now and have been on and off for the last several months.  Unfortunately, I still have a lot of unpacking to do.  But again, I am grateful for not having moved all my stuff over there!!  Something was holding me back.  I lived out of suit-cases for a couple of weeks to be on the safe side.  I am glad I did!!

So now, it is time for me to try to get back to some sort of normal routine, whatever that may be!!  It will take some time.  I still mourn for my brother.  I am still scratching my head over the weirdness of next door.  And I am still unsure of what my future holds for me.  One thing I am sure of though is God holds it all in His hand and whatever happens He is working it out for my betterment.

My first thoughts are to dig into my ceramics again full blast, but I have a lot of unpacking, sorting and organizing to do here too.  So, I have decided to start out by doing my morning coffee and online routine, spend a couple of hours on ceramics and then a couple of hours on the rest of it.  Little by little I will get it all done, I hope!!

I have missed blogging and participating in the blogs I like to read.  So that will be included in my early morning routine.  I enjoy doing various jobs for my church and am looking forward to getting back into that full swing as well.

"Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted".  I hold onto those words from scripture and see they are true, God sends comfort in many forms when you are mourning the loss of a loved one.  He is so good to His children.  Life goes on, the mourning and grieving gets a little easier and you learn to cope.  Keeping busy helps.  Knowing that I will once again see my brother in the eternal life is a huge comfort.  God is good, all the time!!

I will try to get back to posting on a more regular schedule again.  Just please give me a little time to figure out what that schedule should be.

Blessings, Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice