Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Trying to get in gear, but the gear is stuck,,,,,,

Greetings!!

I have been trying to get in gear but it seems the gear is stuck.  I have developed the worse sinus infection I think I have ever had in my life.  My entire face is swollen including the inside of my mouth.  I could not see for over a day because my eyes were actually swollen shut.  This has not been fun.  I am slowly improving however and am grateful for that.  At least I can see again!!  I still can not eat solid food but I could stand to lose some weight anyway, LOL.

Recently I was given two cases of heavy cream.  I have been keeping it very cold in a cooler on the porch but need to do something with it soon as I do not want it to go bad.  I am praying I feel well enough tomorrow to stand and make butter.  Yes, butter!!  Butter will freeze very well and last a long time.  With the price of butter in the store, that is a real good option for all this cream I have.  I should be able to make several pounds of butter.

I personally do not use margarine.  Have you ever watched margarine melt in a skillet?  Yuk!!  It looks like plastic.  No, I do not want that in my arteries!!  I do not agree with those who believe margarine is better for you.  In fact I am finding that most "processed" foods are not very good for you.  If you follow a diet of natural foods that were around in biblical times you find yourself feeling much healthier.  Unfortunately that is almost impossible to do today.  Everything you buy in the store today has been altered in some way.

Unfortunately even the cream purchased in a store today has been processed first and altered a bit.  But it is still closer to natural than margarine is.  I would love to be able to purchase raw milk and cream in my area but have not found anyone willing to sell it to me because of all the crazy laws the government has imposed on us over the years.  In their supposed quest to "make food safer" for us, they have stripped the good nutrients and benefits out of most foods.  We might technically live longer but that is only due to all the medicine we use to pickle ourselves to keep us alive and counter the negative impact of the now contaminated and imperfect food we consume.

Isn't it interesting how old people lived in early biblical times before "processing" and "altering" or "genetically modifying" our foods?

Well, I have gotten a little bit off track, LOL.  I will try to remember to take pictures of my butter making to post on here next week.  I count this as free butter and therefore very frugal, LOL.  Hopefully, my gear will be moving in forward by tomorrow so I can at least get a start on it.  I also plan to teach another lady from church how to make butter as she has a lot of the cream as well.

Being frugal is so important especially in today's economy.  But it is also being a good steward of the gifts God gives you.  And nothing you have did you receive any where else but by God!!

Food pantry day at the church is coming up this Saturday.  I have many items stored in my freezer for the food pantry as we ran out of freezer room at the church.  Once that is moved out, then I need to get into the freezer and do some canning.  I still have the tomatoes to make sauce from last years garden.  And I have a lot of meat I want to cook and can up as well.  So there will be some upcoming posts about canning spaghetti sauce and meats and why I prefer to can.

Until next time,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice