Thursday, July 11, 2013

Busy, busy,,,,,

Greetings!!

I have been very busy lately.  Lots of paperwork for the new job and getting ready for it.  Plus I am trying to get as many things done around here as I can so when I start training I won't have to worry about much else.

I'm trying to get some meals lined up in advance.  I have made a tray of meatballs and put them in the freezer.  I made up several hamburgers and froze them as well.  I have chicken breasts and other quick fix meals ready to go. 

Tomorrow I am going to make the blueberry pancake syrup and can it along with strawberry syrup and raspberry syrup.  I also got a nice watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew melon.  I'll cut those up and make a big fruit salad with the melons and some of the extra berries I bought.

I've also been working on my own genealogy some more.  I added over 600 pieces of information to my family tree.  About half were new names in the family and the other half was things like censuses, deeds, wills, newspaper articles etc.  It sure does keep me busy but I love it!!

In the midst of all this, when I went to check on my camper I discovered some yahoo had stolen the spare tire for the camper.  Needless to say I moved the camper to a more secure location which of course I am not telling anyone, LOL.  It appears they also tried to get into the under-storage areas but did not succeed in that, Thank you Jesus!!  That reminds me, I do need to call the storage place tomorrow to see how it is going reviewing all the surveillance camera footage.  Hopefully, they will be able to catch the creep who did this!

Saturday, I am starting to make sauerkraut the old fashioned way.  I have never made sauerkraut before and always wanted to try it, so now is the time.  I have a couple of old crocks which should be big enough to hold all the cabbage I bought.  This is going to be fun!!

One more goody before the weekend is over, I plan on making an old fashioned lemon meringue pie!!  It has been a very long time since I have made one and I have been craving a good one for a while now.

Well, I need to head to the kitchen and wash my jars for tomorrow and get the crocks ready as well.  I keep things stored in the basement so always wash them good before using.

I hope this finds you all well and happy!!

Until next time,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice