Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What are they thinking,,,,,,,,

Greetings!!

Every few days I get a private message or two on facebook from men I don't know.  They tell me they think I am beautiful, or they love my smile or some other compliments always with statements of wanting to meet and get to know me.  My privacy settings are set pretty high and some have even admitted they were unable to see my profile, but "they fell in love with my smile".  Each of them have a similar message, "come to me and I will take care of you and make you happy".  Umm, yeah right!!!

What are they thinking???  Do they think because I am in my 50s and single I must be desperate?  Do they think I am so stupid I would just run off and meet them based on some smooth talk?  Is it me they think is desperate or is it them?  Do they really think they can "make" someone be happy?  Do they really think some "mature" woman is just going to leave her home, her life and go running to them because they told her to?

Let me set the record straight, I am single and happy.  I am not against a relationship but I will not look for one in this way.  I am NOT desperate to have a man in my life, if it happens, it happens but on mine and God's terms.  I don't feel lonely and rejected, I am at peace in my life.  If I may be so bold as to borrow the words from a song I heard recently sung by the Farm Hands Quartet, (I might be single) "there's just the 4 of us, I've got company, there's just the 4 of us, I'm not alone you see, there's the Father, there's the Son, the Holy Ghost and me, well it may look to you that I'm all alone but there's 3 walking with me to my Heavenly Home, there's the Father, there's the Son, the Holy Ghost and me!!!"

OK, if you get the point, I'm not lonely and I am not desperate because I am never really alone.  I have peace in my heart and I am very happy.

Please go peddle your garbage some place else and while you are at it,  get with the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost and maybe you won't be so dog gone desperate!!

Until next time,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice