Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Being prepared,,,,,,

Greetings!!

I know I have written about this subject before but being prepared for any type of emergency is essential and it is also being a good steward of the things God gives you.  This past Sunday on John Hagee Ministries Pastor Hagee gave a sermon on this very subject.  I found it most interesting but I do believe he left out some important details.

Pastor Hagee was discussing the need to be prepared in case of a national disaster or heaven forbid a war.  He talked about having a good supply of food on hand, an alternative way to heat and cook your meals, a good supply of water, etc.  He mentioned you should know how to garden and have a place to do so to raise food for yourself.  He missed on how to save seed from one year to the next or you might not have anything to grow and he only lightly touched on how to store that food.

Granted I realize his time is limited on each program and getting into such details might be difficult or might need to be done in other episodes, but these are really important things to think about.

I am reminded of this all too well this morning as my deep freezer died last night and it is filled with food!!  I am not panicking yet, LOL.  I will get as much in the refrigerator freezer as possible.  I also have an electric cooler that I plugged in that will keep it frozen for a while giving me time to take care of the food.  My plan?  I am going to can as much of it as possible.  It will be a process that will take several days to complete.  I was planning on doing this anyway but had other projects in the works first.  So, my plans are changed a bit.

This was totally unexpected.  I was going along just fine with my other projects and at the bat of an eye, I have a little emergency.  Isn't life that way?  Emergencies tend to happen rather suddenly and unexpectedly.  I guess that is why they call them "emergencies".  Being prepared for emergencies can save you a lot of heartache.  Luckily I am a firm believer in being prepared!!  I have plenty of canning supplies to get the job done without having to run to the store to pick some up.  What if it were a war or natural disaster instead?  I might not be able to go to the store to buy the supplies I need.  Always good to have supplies on hand!!  Being prepared saves time, effort and lots of worry.

Pastor Hagee was also talking about Biblical Prophesy and what we can expect in the coming months and years as we rush towards the "end of the ages".  Things are going to get really rough folks.  We are already in an economic crisis which is only going to get worse.  The weather is changing drastically as predicted in the bible.  There are more natural disasters and more frequently as well.  Maybe you have not been directly effected by one yet, but you have been indirectly with the rising costs of food, fuel, shipping etc.  When things really come crashing down will you be prepared?

Over the coming weeks I will be posting ideas to help you prepare for any emergency.  There are things that can be done to help you through the rough times, even if you live in an apartment.  So please watch for those posts and in the meantime, start making your own preparedness plan.

Until next time,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice