Tuesday, March 20, 2012

There is none so blind as he who will not see,,,,,,,,,,

Greetings!!

There is none so blind as he who will not see,,,, sounds like familar words to an old song but it actually originated in the bible.  But what does it mean??  When you "turn a blind eye" to something because you just don't want to deal with it means you are refusing to "see".  Some parents refuse to see the trouble their children are getting into.  "My son or daughter would never do that" is often heard when a child does something wrong.  Or we might often refuse to learn from other's mistakes because we have  an attitude of, "oh, that will never happen to me" or "I won't get caught, I'm smarter than him."  Of course there are many other scenarios that this can be applied to but what about biblically speaking?

When God is leading you down a path do you turn a blind eye and try to make your own path?  Perhaps you do not like where He is leading you?  Or maybe you just don't think you can do what He wants you to do?

I believe that God is always working in our lives but we don't always see it for various reasons.  I know I have been guilty of this many times.  More often than not I am just not really paying attention.  And then there are the times that I question whether something is really from God or not.  I am not doubting God, but doubting myself.  I have made several bad choices in my life so now I find myself doubting any decision I make.  Second guessing myself became the norm for a long time brought on mostly by a very low self esteem.  That low self esteem came on over a period of years of verbal and mental abuse but none the less I had it.

It took a lot of battling and a lot of talking to God to get to where I am today.  But I often "test God" (as some would call it) asking God if this is really from you, please give me a sign that I will recognize so I know I am on the right track.  Is it wrong to "test God" in such a way?  Some would say yes because Jesus answered Satan when he was being tempted in the wilderness, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord your God."  But, I believe it depends on the circumstance and how you are testing.  Gideon, "tested God" when he asked God for a sign that he would know it was really from God.  He was quite specific in the sign he asked for and God did give him that sign.  But Gideon was not unsure of God when he asked for the sign, he was unsure of his ability to do what God was asking him to do.

In the book of Matthew it says, "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all His righteousness."  I believe if we are truly seeking God first in our lives and want to do His will before our own, then God does not mind us "testing Him" to make sure we are staying on the right path.  After all, we are making sure we are understanding and doing His will.

As I continue to grow in my faith and seek God first I am finding it much easier to see the signs that God gives me without having to ask Him for them, but occasionally I still find myself asking.  Then when He answers in a most obvious way it brings a smile on my face to know there is no doubt He is in control.  I like the peace I get when I know without doubt, God is in control and everything is going to be alright.  I don't have to worry, He is taking care of everything!!

God is taking me down a path now that will fulfill a long time dream of mine.  As He reveals more and more to me I feel a greater peace growing inside of me.  I can hear Him whisper in my ear, "don't worry child, everything is going to be OK, just be patient a little while longer, I'm working it all out for you."  I cannot describe the great joy I feel inside knowing God is working in my life and all I have to do is trust and obey Him and He will always provide a way for me.  That is such a wonderful feeling!!  It doesn't matter what is going on in the world around me, I have a God who loves me and will always take care of me!!

If you do not know the kind of peace that surpasses all understanding, if you do not know Jesus as your Lord and Saviour I urge you to find a good Bible based church and get to know the Lord.  You too can find peace and true joy in your life when you seek His Kingdom first.  Put aside the things of this world they are worthless without Jesus in your life!!

Until next time,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice