Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's just a thing,,,,,,

Greetings!!

God just laid on my heart a message to give as I was chatting on FB.

Some of you may know that I have blown out some disks in my back as well as messed up the sciatic nerves pretty bad.  I have no steady income or insurance at this time.  Finances are really tight to say the least.  So, when the going gets tough, we sell things, LOL.  Or give them away to reduce bills.

This past week I emptied out my storage unit which costs me $51 a month.  I kept some personal things but for the most part gave furniture and other things away.  I was able to help some people in need and gave the rest to a place that helps developmentally disabled people.  One bill eliminated!!  And I was able to be a blessing in God's name to others.  To me that is very cool.  :-)

Tomorrow, I am taking my car to the local auto auction to be auctioned off on Saturday.  Some folks are upset I am giving up my car, but it's just a thing.  Between insurance and gas I am laying out close to $100 a month.  I know to most people that is not a lot of money.  To me, it is.  The other reason for opting to give up my car is I am concerned about driving it safely.  The pain in my lower back and legs, coupled with the lack of feeling in my legs causes me concern if I were to have to hit the brakes suddenly to avoid an accident.  Would I be able to do it?  I'm not sure, and frankly, I do not want to risk the safety of others to find out.

Material things, such as cars and furniture are just that, "things".  In the grand skeem  of things they mean very little.  What good are things if I cannot afford the much needed medicine to help control the pain and muscle spasms?  What good are things if I have to put others at risk just to keep them?  Not much!!  The bible tells us to store our treasures in Heaven.  They will do us much more good there than here.  Life on this earth is very short but Heaven is for all eternity!!

Please do not feel sorry for me going through this rough spell.  I am blessed in much more important ways!!  I have a great peace in my heart making the decisions I have made about "downsizing" my bills and eliminating the things that cause those bills.  I will be fine!!  I truly believe the old saying, "when you are down to nothing, God is up to something".  I cannot wait to see what He has in store for me!!

It has taken a long time for me to learn this lesson but it is true.  Nothing, and I do mean nothing on this earth is as important as where I spend eternity.  I am a child of God and I will spend eternity in Heaven!!  I hope you know where you will spend eternity.  And I pray, if you don't know, you seek God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit with all your heart, mind and strength.  Find a good church and get to know Jesus.  He is the way, the truth and the light.  Without Him you cannot get into Heaven for all eternity.  Going to Hell for eternity should NOT be an option.  God can and will forgive you anything through faith in Jesus the Lord and Savior!!

As we approach this "Holiday Season" please remember were it not for Jesus we would not have Christmas!!  Jesus is indeed the reason for the season!!

Happy Birthday Jesus!!

Until next time,,,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice