Saturday, October 8, 2011

Been MIA but I am really not lost or giving this up, LOL

Greetings!!

Sorry I have been MIA for so long, but I am really not lost or giving this up.  I have been extremely busy helping the neighbor and her family.  Jean had a massive heart attack back in early September.  We did not find her for nearly 3 days afterwards.  She is not well and is currently under hospice care at the nursing home.  Both her daughter and son live out of state so I have been doing what I can to help out.  It has made for some very busy and long days.

I still continue to do what I can to help but am in the process of slowing down a bit.  There is so much here in my own home that is being neglected and I need to get back to it.  Today I will bake a couple of apple pies and perhaps some pumpkin-chocolate chip muffins.  I have things that still need to be unpacked and put away.  And I have to start getting ready for the next support group meeting coming up this Tuesday evening.

Speaking of the support group, the official title is "New Hope Christian Chronic Illness and Pain Support Group".  We will be meeting on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm at New Hope Christian Fellowship Church at 118 S. Monroe St., Clinton, IL.  If you are local, we invite you to attend.  I have several printouts to do yet from other support groups that will be beneficial to ours.  This group is for anyone who suffers from Chronic Illnesses such as Fibromyalgia, Lupus, MS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and Arthritis.  Loved ones are also welcome!

We are off to a slow start, but that is OK.  It will give us time to get better organized.  We hope in the future to have guest speakers from the medical field, mental health counselors and spiritual leaders.  It is a Christian based support group designed to help those of us with chronic illness to better cope in every day life by both understanding our diseases better and lifting each other up spiritually.

I am also chomping at the bit to get back to my ceramics.  I have missed having the paint brush in my hands, feeling the pottery and creating.  I have some tea for two sets partially painted that I need to complete.  I have a set of mixing bowls I want to decorate and glaze and so much more.  Again, I have so much to get put away in the shop too.  The unpacking came to a quick halt when Jean needed my help and I had barely gotten started.

Please bear with me as I try to get back to some sort of regular routine.

Until next time,,,,,,,Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice