Tuesday, October 25, 2011

As a Christian,, Can you ever be too good???

Greetings!!

It's good to be back at the computer again and see things try to get back to some sort of normal routine for myself.  I have missed my writing and reading of blogs, LOL.

Recently I have been told on more than one occasion, "you are too good."  I always find myself wondering what exactly that means?  And as a Christian, how can I be too good?  Isn't there example after example of being good in the bible?  Of, "not repaying evil with evil?" And examples of "turning the other cheek?"

I have yet to find an example of not being good and it pleasing God.  So how can a person be "too good?"  After all, as a Christian, our primary focus is to be doing God's will and doing what is pleasing to God.  When someone wrongs you, do you plot to get even, or do you wish them well and pray for them?  Vengeance is mine says the Lord!!  This is not an easy concept to grasp as human nature tends to want to get even for whatever wrong has occurred.  I have been trying to practice this though as I find once mastered it really does make me feel better.  Recently I was wronged by someone and when it was over I did wish them well and a safe journey home, back to another state.  There was some damage done to me in a sense as it has caused me to have panic attacks.  (Long story and I will leave out the details) But I do feel better in the sense that I did not lower myself to their level by seeking vengeance for being wronged.

What this person did, hurt and was upsetting but in the long run I am much better off for not losing my temper and trying to get even with him.  By acting as a faithful Christian I have obeyed the Father and will find a reward in heaven.  Mentally, I feel better even though it did cause some panic attacks.  I feel better because I "practiced what I preached."  I did what I believe God would want me to do.

The bible tells us to, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness".  When we seek God first and seek doing right, which is His will then so many good things will happen for us and within us.  I have failed miserably many times but I strive to do better.  As the Apostle Paul says, it should be our goals as Christians to always seek God's will in our lives first, to race the good race and fight the good fight.  Yes, even to the point of self sacrifice!!  Too many times we become selfish and self centered.  It usually winds up coming back to bite us in the end.  Sometimes we need to put aside our personal feelings, even painful ones to do God's will in our lives.  Being a Christian is never easy, its the toughest thing you can do,,,,,, but it is so worth it in the end.

Can you ever be too good?  As a Christian the answer is,,,,,NO!!!

Until next time,,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice