Sunday, April 7, 2013

Update and hot dog sauce

Greetings!!

Well that sounds like a funny title, LOL.

Just a quick update first then on to the hot dog sauce!!  I have closed the store due to health issues.  I have fibromyalgia, neuropathy and several injury issues with my spine.  It got the better of me and I could no longer handle the long hours in the store and all the baking.  I am in a great deal of pain and cannot handle being on my feet so long.  I tried many options to keep the store open but in the end it was best for my health to close the store.

But don't worry, I am still working at it part time from home and will have many items for sale from the house during good weather when I can set up outside and have a yard sale of sorts.  Keep an eye on my facebook page for upcoming sales.  I also plan to revamp the web site this year to offer items to be shipped or picked up locally.

Needless to say I have boxes shoved everywhere in the house right now and need to work   on getting that organized first.  It will take some time, but I will keep you posted.

Now, on to the hot dog sauce!!  I love hot dog sauce!!  This is one of my favorite recipes handed down to me years ago.  Sorry, I won't share the recipe but I will tell you there is one similar in a cookbook.  You just have to do some research to find it LOL.  Whenever I make the sauce I usually make a bunch and can the extra for later use.  Because there is meat in it, it will have to be canned in a pressure canner.  I can in the half pint size because that is usually just enough for a package of hot dogs.

To get the full blend of the flavors it is best to grill the hot dogs, add a strip of Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard and chopped onions before placing the sauce on top.  I also light toast my hot dog buns.  Yummy!!  As I write this the sauce is simmering on the stove.  I like to let it simmer for a couple of hours for a fuller bodied taste to it.

Needless to say we will have hot dogs today, LOL.  I should get an additional 8 half pints canned as well, maybe more.  Next time we have hot dogs all I will have to do is heat up a jar and cook the dogs.  Life is good!!

 
Until next time,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice