Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Greetings from Ft. Bellefonte Campground!!

Greetings!!

I am back at Fort Bellefonte campground and Bill is with me.  Our original plans were to just spend a few days and then head west to meet up with Bill's sister and the carnival.  Our plans have changed!!  After just one day back here we were offered a position as camp hosts/workers so we are staying!

Actually at some point we are going to have to leave for about a week and go out to Clinton to pick a few things up.  I have to get some winter gear, the permanent plate for the camper, my WiFi in motion booster antenna and a few odds and ends.  Looks like we will be wintering here at the campground.  I am looking forward to it.  Bill has plans to go hunting on the property this winter so I think we will be buying a freezer to put deer meat in.

I am setting up their new web site as well as facebook page.  A lot of work but I do really enjoy that sort of thing.  The web site address is  http://www.gramandpapsftbellefonte.com  check it out and you can find the facebook page by searching "Gram and Paps Ft. Bellefonte Campground" on facebook.

Today we will be doing some mowing and trimming.  Need to spruce up the place as Woodalls is coming Thursday to review the campground.  Not that it needs a lot of work but you always want to put your best food forward.

This is not a big camper so Bill and I have been trying to find creative ways to store things, food, pet food, and gear we might need as well as odds and ends.  I am definitely glad I did not go with a smaller camper, especially with 2 people, a dog and a cat, LOL.  It's cramped enough!!  We are doing OK though and that is the main thing.

I feel God has really blessed us leading us here.  I love the area!!  The scenery is so pretty, the people are friendly, and there is plenty to do to keep us busy.  :-)

You won't get rich living on the road and working at a campground,  but it does give you time to stop and smell the roses.  :-)  For two people that are semi retired or fully retired this lifestyle is great!!

We are well connected with cell phones, WiFi etc.  The campground also has cable TV which is great on those rainy days and you are not outside keeping busy.  There are some state parks not far from here, a beautiful little town and shopping galore.  Football season starts at the end of the month and then the place will be packed and jumping as campers come in for Penn State football.  There is always something to do.  We both enjoy a nice campfire in the evening with a cup of coffee and just relax as well.  Life is good!!

Until next time,,,,,,,,,Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love hearing from you, please leave a message!! In order to prevent tons of spam from creeping into our space I have all messages on moderation but don't worry, as soon as I review your message it will be posted. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!!
Blessings, Alice